Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good Toilets, Bad Toilets

July 21, 2009
The internet it still on the fritz here at the Takahashi house, at least with regards to my computer being able to connect to it. This means no Skype, and limited time on gmail, Facebook, etc. But here is an update on the happy-haps as of late.

-I went to Ren’s little league baseball game on Sunday morning. Ren said his favorite position is catcher, but Sunday he played 3rd base. He was easily one of the smallest kids out there, but he has a good arm for his size. I played catch with him one day…it was probably my first time playing catch ever since I was always a basketball player growing up.

-Work on Monday was really boring. From 9 until 5 I went with a delivery man on his route through a huge apartment complex while he delivered groceries. But they didn’t want me to get hurt, so they didn’t let me lift any boxes. And most of the people we delivered to weren’t so into meeting a random American that they all figured was a mute Japanese kid, so I didn’t really talk to any of them either. I did, however, poop in one of those “hole in the ground” toilets. YAY! (sarcastic).

-Speaking of toilets...one of the toilets at the Takahashi house has a seat warmer. Today was cold and kinda rainy, so sitting on the heated toilet seat was quite pleasant.

-A favorite question of many of my Japanese co-workers is whether or not I drink. (yes)

-My host dad and the man I went with on his delivery route both called me “Steven Segal”. It seems that Steven Segal is the only famous Steven they can think of.

-Thursday I’m going to eat Mexican food with cousin Marc, Friday I have a work party, and Saturday I’m going to DisneySea. Busy busy busy.

3 comments:

  1. Somewhat shocking to me that you never had a catch with your father. I am not yet 2 but I play catch with my parents all the time.
    Interesting that Japan can contemporaneously have such primitive and advanced toilets.
    Steven Seagal is the star of some of the best worst movies of all time. I once saw him beat down 8 guys at one time.
    Hope you continue to have a great time embracing the culture (and drinking).
    Love, Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess your memory has faded after all these years...you do have a baseball glove and we have had a catch, but you quit after one week. I think you were 5-6 years old. Early on you realized basketball was your game. But I still do have your glove. As a matter of fact, Luke uses your baseball bat when he is at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you come home. now.

    ReplyDelete