Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ikayaki

Today was my first day of work at the book store. I work there until Friday (only three days). I put books out on the shelves, did some cashiering, took inventory...blah blah blah. On to more interesting things.

-The book store has GREAT music taste. The first song that came on in the morning when I came to open the store: "Poison" by Bel Biv Devoe. Other artists featured through out the day include: Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind & Fire, Elton John, The Village People and tons more oldies. It was glorious.

-Today for dinner my host mom made ikayaki, which is a type of okonomiyaki filled with squid. Along with this, we had a huge salad with pork on top, some kind of rice with clams in it, and miso soup. DELICIOUS.

-My lil bro is reading the Harry Potter books right now. I've never felt a closer bond with him.

-I asked my co-workers what we're doing for my "farewell" party on Friday. I'm pretty sure we're drinking...but thats all I'm very sure about. They also mentioned me performing for them. I couldn't really tell whether or not they were joking. Uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment