"conbini" (cone-bee-nee)
Yesterday I started work at the convenience store in Keio. I must say, I enjoy a lot more than the cafeteria. Unless I'm actually cooking legit meals, I'm pretty positive I'm not cut out for work involving food. The convenience store is much more enjoyable: air conditioning, music, and an overall less stressful environment.
Random bits and pieces:
-I had Mc Donalds this week. But don't worry, all I had was a $1 ice cream cone on the way home from work (totally worth it).
-There is a pretty interesting dating show here in Japan. Basically, there is one boy who has two girls that are competing for this affection. Sounds kinda like the Bachelor, right? WRONG! They girls and boys are 11 years old! What the crap!
-Japanese trains in the morning often have a "Women Only" train. There are pink signs all around it and if you're a dude you're not allowed in. This is because the trains get so crowded during rush hour in the morning that I guess a lot of gross men cop a feel while everyone is standing so close.
-During my lunch break the other day, my co-workers explained to me how they were perplexed by the following American facets of life: lawns, purchasing food in bulk at the market, not having a good train system in LA, my Japanese/Chinese parents that only speak English, giant toilets.
-Speaking of toilets, the one that I use at my house is relatively small....it kinda hurts to sit on sometime because it digs into my butt cheeks. Weird...because I have a pretty small butt. Too much info, again?
-Bon Jovi, Chicago, and Boyz II Men are all having concerts out here. I would love to go to any of them. Especially Boyz II Men. I know, I've seen them twice already but they're doing a special Japan tour where they are accompanied by the New York Symphony! It sounds AMAZING. I woke up one morning and there was a commercial for it on TV and I damn near crapped my pants out of excitement. But alas, the only performance I would be able to go to is in Nagoya and its over $100 for a Bullet Train ticket to get there...plus over $100 for a ticket. zannen desu ne....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol rissa desu! or well...huang-san lol
ReplyDeletei agree with japanese ppl about lawns. waste of water lol
and the la train system is quite fail. being from the bay area, i'd like to say our train system is quite win XD
it sounds like you're having a lot of interesting times :D
oh and i have no idea what time it's on in japan...or if it still airs =/ buuuut. i thought you'd probbly like this show called 'dotch cooking show' (look it up on wiki; it has airing times/stations)