Those are the words from the Sukiyaki song that is the name sake of my blog. Apparently tomorrow is the anniversary of Sakamoto Kyu's death on the airplane...because as I was sitting here reading my email all a sudden I heard kids singing the song on the TV. I really freakin love that song.
So Sunday night I went with my family to a building called Sunshine City in Ikebukero. Inside the sunshine city building is this giant kids place. It reminds me of 'Casa Bonita' from that one episode of South Park...for anyone who gets that reference. There were basically a ton of kids things to do...which was pretty fun for my lil bro. But the highlight for me was a huge area with all sorts of different styles of gyoza from all over Japan. DELICIOUS.
Today was my last day of work at the supermarket. As my grand finale...i told a lady where the pizza sauce was in Japanese. I got pretty lucky...but I actually didnt know...but just took a wild guess and went with her down an aisle and found it. hahha
Anyway...I've actually got a lot of homework to do so I have to cut this short...but I'll be doing a more substantial blog post later! see ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yesterday KRTH played Sukiyaki in honor of the anniversary of Kyu Sakamoto's death!
ReplyDelete