Tuesday, August 18, 2009

homework...

Today I've been working on a report all day. I have to write about my program in Japanese, and then do a presentation about it tomorrow. Kind of struggling....but after that I more or less can relax for the rest of my time in Japan (I still have to write a research paper for UCLA...but since thats in English its going to be a piece of cake).

Anyway...forgot to mention that on Saturday when I went to Yokohama, I also went to China Town and ate dim sum. SO GOOD!

Anyway...Sunday I went with Cousin Marc to Tsukishima to do some Bon Odori (traditional Japanese festival dancing). Marc let me borrow a yukuta (traditional Japanese robe type clothes), so we got all dressed up and headed out there. It was really fun. In fact, I've done this dancing before in LA, and many of the dances were almost exactly the same. I'm pretty sure a lot of my friends would really enjoy this kind of Japanese culture.

OOO! Before that during the day I went to Tokyo's number ramen shop (as of 10 years ago...but still!). It was so good! They only had four options, two of which are just variations of the other two styles. But it was some of the best chashu I've ever had in a ramen bowl.

Monday was my last day of work in the office doing translations. In celebration, the guys and I went to the izakaya with the 86 cent beers. I really wish I found that place earlier...its GLORIOUS.

Anyway...time for dinner...and then I need to get back to work on this project. See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm all caught up now! I hope your presentation went well! I just realized that it's been exactly two months since we left the states...can you believe that? Be sure to eat some extra in-n-out burgers when you get back, in my honor! And seriously consider joining marching band...there's a third trumpet spot that needs to be filled :) Oh, and Gordon Henderson is getting married!!!! I don't know why I'm leaving this all as a comment on your blog...aaaanyway, enjoy the rest of your time there, Chewy! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete